Recent Developments in the South West

Finzels Reach

Finzels Reach is a £140million development in Bristol consisting of a 150,000 sq. ft. contemporary office building and 300 apartments from the seventh floor upwards.

Regeneration project in Bristol

AXA Investment Management has revealed plans for a 300,000 sq. ft. regeneration project in Bristol. The building is located a five minutes’ walk from Temple Meads Station and will include flexible office space and multi-use areas.

Warmley, East Bristol

Towards the end of last year, a Bristol-based property company secured £6million from NatWest for speculative development of a mixed-use industrial scheme in Warmley, East Bristol. The scheme will see the creation of 14 units totalling 85,952 sq. ft. and the refurbishment of an existing warehouse space, extending to 34,960 sq. ft.

There has been a significant lack of industrial space in Bristol, particularly smaller freehold units, so the development of this site will be welcomed in the area.

Swindon Science Park

A planning application has been entered for up to 884,664 sq. ft. of science park facilities in Swindon. The plans comprise space for R&D and high tech manufacturing for the site at Inlands Farm in Wanborough. 86% of the site will be given to green sustainable landscaping, screening and planting of native British trees. The remaining 14% will comprise of buildings with roof mounted solar panels to generate renewable energy.

Siddington Park Retirement Village

Plans have been announced to develop a retirement village on the outskirts of Cirencester in the Cotswolds. The first phase will commence in the summer of 2019 and comprise of over 116 units on 8.2 acres of the site. The remaining 3.8 acre plot has outline planning consent for further units.

Exeter Campus

University Partnerships Programme (UPP) has secured funding on the largest extension of the University of Exeter’s Streatham Campus in nearly a decade.

Wapping Wharf

Last year, the second phase of Wapping Wharf on Bristol harbour side was given the go ahead. Wapping Wharf is one of Bristol’s most exciting new neighbourhoods, with 200 homes and a new retail quarter featuring some of the city’s best independent shops, restaurants, cafes and other businesses. The second phase will consist of two blocks of residential buildings, providing 256 homes, and four new retail units.

Leave a Comment

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *