Which agents and property types feature most across Scotland?
We thought it would be interesting to look at which agents and property types feature most in the regions across Scotland!
How did we do it?
We looked at all commercial property listings available on NovaLoca on the 30th September 2016. We broke Scotland down by postcode region, combining a few of the regions together with smaller numbers of available properties.
Listings can represent a small unit or in some cases an entire estate depending on how an agent would choose to advertise, as such the proportion of available listings in an area will not directly correspond to the available sq ft.
For practical reasons we took ‘the agent’ as he or she that added the listing (not including joint agents). We are therefore reporting for each region on the proportion of available commercial property listings where the main property type was allocated as either office, industrial, retail, leisure land or other. We are also identifying within each region the agency with the largest number of listings.
What were the results?
- Paisley has the highest proportion of available industrial property
- Edinburgh has the highest proportion of office space
- Dundee has the proportion of retail availability
- Dumfries & Galashiels is highest for leisure space and land
- Shepherd listings dominate 7 areas across Scotland
- JLL feature as a top agent in 3 areas
- DM Hall and Colliers in 2 areas
- Savills, Paterson Associates, Whyte & Barrie, JA Pollock, Hardies, Smart & Co, Westport, Dinardo & Partners, James McGee, Falkirk Council and The Highland Council also feature as Top Scottish Agents!