Vote now for the ‘Great British High Street’ competition!
The ‘Great British High Street’ supports towns working to revive, adapt and diversify high streets. The scheme, sponsored by Boots, Costa, Post Office, Marks and Spencer and Tesco, aims to provide resources for high street regeneration across Britain.
Two weeks ago, the nationwide competition revealed the 21 best high streets in Britain with 3 finalists in each of the 7 categories. Marcus Jones, the MP responsible for high streets and town centres, said: “We had a record amount of high-quality entries to this year’s competition – testament to the pride local people have and brilliant work being done to boost Britain’s high streets.”
The public now have the chance to vote for their favourite loved high street online at thegreatbritishhighstreet.co.uk alongside inspections from the “Future High Streets Forum” judging panel. The panel is made up of industry leaders from across retail, property and business.
The winners from each of the 7 categories will get a share of a £80k prize, which includes expert training and tailor made tips from Google’s training taskforce for 100 of their shops, bars and restaurants. You can now vote for one of three out of the seven categories below:
- City Location – Bradford’s North Parade, Mill Road Cambridge, St Giles Street Northampton
- Town Centre – Altrincham, Rotherham, Tamworth
- Market Town – Chipping Norton, Helmsley, Colne
- Coastal Community – Prestatyn, Bognor Regis, Amble
- Local Centre – Bishy Road, Hoole, Bath Place Taunton
- Village – Brigg, West Kilbride, Twyford
- London – Raynes Park, Roman Road, Pitshanger Lane Ealing
Voting closed in November 2015.